Thursday, February 11, 2010

Haiti






So from left to right:
1) This is the original version when I scanned and placed them together. This is also before I understood Auto-complete. Thanks Alex, I almost wasted another day of my life editing scans together. x.x But I think it's cool for you guys to see this preliminary stage.
2) This is how the piece looks all together with some levels edits and cleaning up. Basically this is where I start from before laying on basic color. I try to keep the integrity of these lines when I digitally paint.
3) This is RIGHT before I put on the final coloring touches with fancy photoshoop trickery. ;)
And here's the final piece. :]


I guess I owe a little bit of explanation of the piece itself but I think I want to leave it somewhat vague. Here's what I will say, the guys at the bottom? Pretty much responsible for Haiti being in trouble to begin with. Oh and rebirth symbolism is rampant. Yep. That's all I'm giving you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment