Sunday, May 13, 2012

Baby Boomer


You know what everyone should go out and do? Go out and find a pen pal, because they are fabulous and give you something tangible and meaningful to look forward to every 2 weeks or so. I received a letter from my pen pal with a bunch of photos of one child's life from the 50's that he bought at a salvation army for whatever reason. I kind of got a sense of this kid with a very serious face and large ears. He was clearly raised in a very religious environment (which I immediately related to) and had pretty loving parents (also relatable), but there was something kind of sinister about the photographs. It was probably just due to underexposure but it definitely got my mind going. I don't generally make comics but I have been reading a lot of classic graphic black and white comics and graphic novels as of late... I think I'd like to do more of this, but I could never do it professionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment